Search


The inscription that runs round the memorial refers to the Buttercross being ‘re-built’; an earlier structure at the western end of the Market Place is shown on an 1840 map. The records state that the ‘new’ cross was erected in 1861 but the stonemason must have done his carving in 1860 judging by the carved date in Roman numerals; ‘MDCCCLX.



Home Page | About Us | Links | Contact Us | Newsletter

Site developed by Ambrow Limited | Published by the Bingham Heritage Trails Association | All content is © BHTA
for site credits click here

Back to
top of page