Search

Stanhope House was originally a purpose-built workhouse, dating from 1837, but became an old people’s home in its later years. The County Council owned it and decided that it was too costly to improve it to meet modern standards. It was demolished in the 1960s and the site given over to redevelopment (Porchester Road Estate).
Published in Bingham’s children of the 20th century by Catherine Haynes and Hilda Smith


Home Page | About Us | Links | Contact Us | Newsletter

Site developed by Ambrow Limited | Published by the Bingham Heritage Trails Association | All content is © BHTA
for site credits click here

Back to
top of page