- BINGHAM: AN OVERVIEW
- HISTORY OF BINGHAM
- STUDY OF OLD MAPS
- BUILT HERITAGE
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
- FARMING IN BINGHAM
- BINGHAM AT WAR
- BINGHAM'S RAILWAYS
- ORAL HISTORY
- NATURAL HISTORY
The Rectory, built in the 1764, was knocked down in the early 1960s.
The RDC had a plan to convert it to offices for the Town Council and use
the grounds as a park for recreational purposes by the people of Bingham.
The people who lived in Church Street didn’t want a park behind
their houses. The church wanted revenue and the County Council wanted
a site for a new school. They came to an agreement and the RDC was overruled.
Photo by permission of Rose Whittaker